Monday, January 10, 2011

Testing Patience

My patience has been tested this past week in various areas of my life. I have done my best to consciously be aware of my emotions and not revert to my initial instincts of getting upset. Instead i have chosen to welcome these times as life lessons undertanding that life isn't as we would always like it to be. Don't get me wrong, i have lost my temper for brief moments, but am "trying" to handle these situations that arise in a healthier form. Here are a few ways that i have worked through my stress this week and tried my best to remain calm:

The first was to take time for myself this past week (even a small amount of time 20 minutes) was what i needed to clear my head. I soaked in the tub listening to relaxing music.

Next i worked on breathing exercises (may be a form of meditation) and took some time to remain present in my breathing and awareness of my thoughts.

Payer is one that is done on a continual basis. I love the Lord, I trust in him and know that he provides me with the answers in need when i take the time to listen.

Positive thought process - now this is one that i am just learning about. I am trying to take negative thoughts and energy that surround me and decide how i will make the shift to finding persepctive in these thoughts. I have found this week that i am continually aware of my internal dialogue and how profound positive thinking can be.

I have been down and out with the flu for the past 3 days and have yet to get started on my second act of "intentional" kindness ~ but it will happen this week. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment