Sunday, January 23, 2011

Kindess # 3

My girls and I just finished our 3rd Act of Kindness this month. I was keen on getting some fresh air and taking the girls outside. So we decided to spend 45 minutes of our walk and pick up garbage in our community. Both girls were squealing with excitement when they each got their own grocery bag to collect garbage. We bundled up and outside we went scouring the sidewalks, driveways and yards for litter. At two different points along the way, Breana spoke out to others who were walking saying "we are picking up garbage to keep our neighbourhood clean". One lady was walking with her dog and had an empty coffee cup in her hand and Breana asked her if that was garbage, and if she wanted to put it in her bag. Once we came home we sorted the recycled items from the garbage and washed our hands. Breana asked me if we could go out tomorrow and do it again "because it was so much fun".

It is important for me to get my children involved, i want them to grown into responsible and caring children, teens and adults who will look out for helping others and the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment