Monday, January 17, 2011

Kindness # 2

Although i have been a little behind the eight ball this past week, I did manage to complete my second "intentional" act of kindness. I struggled a little with trying to decide how i was going to show my gratitude to others this week. What i came up with put a smile on 3 of my neighbours faces.


This week i baked a Apple Crisp for 3 of my neighbours that i don't personally know that well (the ones that i have only spoke to on occassion). I made 3 different cards titled "just because" and delivered them all wrapped up and fresh out of the oven. I was a little nervous to go over to someone's house and drop off dessert, but i did it and was thanked profusely for my "kindness". When asked why i did this, my response was quite simple "I haven't gotten to know you over the past 4 years that we have lived here, and i think it is about time that i extend an olive branch and say hello".

Keeping following for updates this week.

1 comment:

  1. So, it finally occurred to me that you mentioned you were going to begin to blog about your resolution this year. I searched back and found the link. You write so well, and I love what you are doing. It truly warms the heart to see what you are accomplishing each week with a simple act of kindness. I loved your Tim Horton's story, it made me feel good to read it! You should be so proud of yourself. You are setting such a wonderful example...you need to advertise your blog a bit more so that everyone can jump on board with it! Keep up the great work. You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete