Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Kindness # 1

Well today was the day that i did my first "intentional" act of kindness. I'm sure that most of us do acts of kindness on a daily basis and don't think twice about it; whether that be comfort an upset family member or friend, donate to a charity, smile or hold the door open to an unknown stranger. There is such a satisfaction in knowing that we can make others feel appreciated! I decided that today i was going to give the mail"lady" a Thank you card with a Starbucks gift card for $10.00, thanking her for delivering my mail each day. I caught her off guard when i approached her organizing and sorting the mail into the community box. I handed her the card and let her know that i appreicated her and the job she does. She seemed quite surprised, and a warm smile greeted her face.

It is my hope and wish that those reading this blog, find it in their heart to thank someone for the job they do, because it makes our life just a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment