Thursday, March 31, 2011

Love Surrounds Us!

Over the past two weeks i have witnessed and been a recipent of generosity and kindness. I shouldn't be surprised, as i would expect there are a number of individuals who make daily choices to help others. It does warm the heart to see first hand how acts of kindess can go a long way in lifting another person up. This is why i continue to love my resolution and stick with it!

Sometimes the littlest acts are the ones that we appreciate most. I had a friend stop by this week so our girls could have a playdate, and she texted me the night before asking if i wanted a starbucks that morning when she was coming over. It sure felt great for her to think of me and it was just an added sprinkle of sugar to my day! She is also the same friend who a week prior, dropped by with homemade cupcakes all iced beautifully for us. She had thought of us as my girls has been sick that week. When i scan through facebook and see all the "friends" that others have, i stop and wonder how many of those friends are true. Would they stop by and drop off dresses for the girls, or bring cupcakes or starbucks? I feel very fortunately and appreciate the kindness that i have received.

My act of kindness last week was to pick 5 of my FB friends that i don't always chat with and let them know how much i like reading their status updates and staying tuned with their life. It gave me a chance to reconnect with them and let them know that they are on my "friends" list for a reason. I am not the type of person to have hundreds upon hundreds of friends. The ones i do have and have kept are because i appreciate them show an interest in their life. I hope that those five that i connected with had a smile from my messages.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is such an inspiration! I love reading it. Sometimes it seems hard to find nice things to do for people, but it really doesn't have to be a big deal - like your friend bringing a coffee for you or you sending sweet messages to your friends. Thoughtfulness should come naturally. Hopefully one day everyone can have this asset!

    ReplyDelete