Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Kindness # 4 "Ten Tiny Deeds For My Family"

My intentional acts of kindness have been put on the back burner for a period of time. There is no excuse why this has happened, life has just taken presedence and i haven't found the right opportunities to sieze my moments. With that being said, i need to remember that it isn't always about the "big acts" of kindess that need to stand out. Sometimes just taking the time to focus on what is important in my life, and make those in my life feel special, loved and care for, is just as important.

With that being said my Kindness #4 act is filled with a number of small details that have made my family feel special. I will call this ten tiny deeds that i have done this past week for my family:
1) Gave my husband a back massage for 15 minutes after his long and tiring day of work.
2) Daily "potty" dances with Sierra as encouragement for her toilet training.
3) Ticking Breana's back after prayers as she falls to sleep.
4) Grooming my dogs and spending time each day giving them the affection they strive for.
5) Spent time with Breana on her alphabet stickers, that was suppose to be used as her quiet time (turned into Mommy and Brea time).
6) Admitting that i was wrong. This may not seem like an act of kindness, but knowing and acknowledging that i was wrong diminished fighting and kept hubby and I happy.
7) Taking some personal time outs when my stress level rose. This helped diffuse tension and arguements between myself and my four year old.
8) Really LISTENING to my girls and sincerely commenting on their remarks. It is so easy to hear and not fully engage and listen - this was a focus on mine this week.
9) Turning negative comments into something positive. Focusing on the positive provides a higher level of energy and warms the soul!
10) Trying to be the person that the Lords see me to be in all aspects, with friends, family, strangers and acquaintances.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good Mom and wife! I especially like the fact that you admitted you were wrong to your husband! I hate doing that...'cause I'm usually right! lol. Those are all such great deeds for the family. I find myself needing to work on those each day. Lately, I feel so tapped out that I think I neglect those most important in my life. Sometimes as a Mom and wife it is hard not to stretch yourself too thin. You seem to be keeping your priorities in check, and I commend you!!

    ReplyDelete